Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Black hisotry month (Pster critique)

1).My favorite part of this assignment was finding information about the person I choose. It was great chance to study about black history month and getting to know someone who I did not know before. I now know who Sandra Brewster is and how she is related to Canadian Black History Month.

2).My least favorite part of this assignment was choosing a person for my assignment. It was fun after choosing a person but I had difficult time fining a person who fits in my assignment. I did lots of research for finding and I finally found Sandra Brewster.

3). Two new things I learned during this assignment were Sandra Brewster and using different color tone. I learned a lot about Sandra Brewster by reading articles, her experiences, her legacy, and her works.
Another Thing I learned is using dark color tone for different uses. For this assignment, the poster had to have some kind of heavy weight. I realized that it is possible to control the weight of the image by using different color tones. Dark color usually makes image heavier.

4).The thing I like best about my poster is the fact that I worked hard. I actually spent lots of hours for researching and gathering information. Then I also work hard to make the image heavy.

5). One thing I world change about my poster is the text in the poster. It seems like it does not have enough power to attract people’s attention. I would change to color of the text and also shape of the text to make it more powerful to attract people’s eye.

6).The meaning behind my design is combination of tiredness and comfortableness from her face. Sandra Brewster is one of Canada’s greatest artists. She is currently working on her work and she is still growing person. This means she will be greater artist than she is now. That is why I made her eye heavier than other part. To show her passion of art and to show her that she is hardworking person. She lightly smiles to show that she is confidence person

No comments:

Post a Comment